Monday, January 30, 2012

Comfort Food

I don't know if I am in need of comfort food or if it's the weather, but the past few days we have had some good old winter comfort food.  Saturday, I spent the day with my best friend Barb helping her to get her life "in order" (as she called it) and she made us some wonderful goulash for dinner.  Sunday I made pot roast in the crock pot.  Normally I am all about this dinner, but I think that I might have put too much of the spices into the crock, so I wasn't a fan of the potatoes.  Which, let's face it, I really don't need to eat the potatoes!!  Then today, Brian made some fabulous chicken and dumplings.  Part of me really likes this time of year for the great comfort food that warms our soul during our cold Central New York winter days, then the other part of me is not a fan of the cold Central New York winter days!! 

1 comment:

  1. Considering how long CNY winters last, I understand how there are many days when you are not a fan! This winter has been so mild, we haven't had many 'comfort' food days, I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete