Just a quick update on my horrible week. My mother-in-law is still in the ICU and is not improving as hoped. She was put back on the ventilator today as her breathing was very rapid and causing her to hyperventilate. She has also been put back on some powerful pain medication. Brian has been up to visit her everyday, but she is not responding to him. She has not spoken to him much in the past few days. Most of the time, she is sleeping or just not responding. My poor husband is having a lot of guilt over the entire situation and I just don't know how to help him, other than to be here for him. We are just taking things one day at a time, as far as my mother-in-law is concerned.
As for my dear friend, her mother took a turn for the worse late Tuesday night. When we spoke on Tuesday night, her mother was expected to recover and come home from the hospital on Friday, so that she would be able to attend services for her husband. Sometime after I talked to Beth, something went wrong and her mother started to bleed out on the brain. She was taken off of life support (per her living will) and now the family is just waiting for their mother to join their father in heaven. This breaks my heart more than anyone will know. It kind of feels like I am losing "parents" as well. All of my thoughts and prayers are with the Gersten family during this terrible tragedy that has struck their family.

So sorry to hear about this. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteJennifer I am so sorry this has happened to you and Brian.
ReplyDeleteOh Jen... I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope that she recovers... and I hope that Brian can get over his guilt....
ReplyDeleteAs for Beth's parents, I'm heartbroken over the news. I will keep her in my prayers (as well as you, because I know this is a huge loss for you too).
Many HUGS coming your way!!