Well it was bound to happen...I had to say goodbye to an old friend last week. After 7 years togther, I traded in my mini van. I had been putting it off as I as really liking not having a car payment! After several months of the smell of gas fumes permiateing throughout the van as I drove it, it was pushing me further towards something new. The final straw was two weeks ago when I got in it to drive home from work and it started whining. It almost sounded like a belt was loose. I couldn't take it anymore. I then got on my computer that night and almost went out and bought a used SUV. I am now glad that I settled myself down and began to look around. The husband got in the van and drove it and realized that the whining noise was because there was no power steering fluid! Apparently that was part of what the van was leaking, besides the gas. He also found the gas leak, which was where the gas line went into the manifold. We talked it over and decided that it was time to look for a new car. We did have 7 good years with the van and we did buy it used. I really did want another van but there was not one that I could realistically afford. A co-worker then suggessted a Mazda5 to me. After the husband and I looked into it, we really liked it. It is smaller than a mini van but we really didn't need anything that big again! And with gas prices going up, it was a win win situation. So, last week, I brought home a brand new Mazda5. So far, I love it. There are a few things that I miss about the van but I shall move on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment