Saturday, September 12, 2009

Apple Picking

Today, we went to Behling Orchards to go apple picking. The weather was very gloomy here, but when we got to the orchard, the sun was shining and it was beautiful! First thing we did was pick apples. I have decided that I am going to try and make homemade applesauce. A friend gave me a recipe to make it the slow cooker, so I am going to try that tomorrow. After we picked 18 pounds of apples, we took a tractor ride up to the apple shack and play zone. Brad decided that he wanted to run in the corn maze, bounce in the bounce house and go on a pony ride. After all this was done, he picked out some gourds. Not sure why he wanted these, as he said that the squirrels would eat them anyways! When we were all done at the apple orchard, we took a short drive to Lake Ontario. Brad loves to go there and throw rocks into the lake. It was a beautiful day and a great family fall adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment