I will be the first to tell you that I am very surprised that Brad wanted to play little league again this year. After some not so good experiences last year, I really did not believe that he would play this year. I guess that starting Kindergarten and meeting new friends helped him a lot. Not to mention, many of these friends are playing this year too!
Today was opening day and all the kids got to march in a parade down the "main" street of Mattydale. They all thought that is was cool that they got to walk in the middle of the road and that no cars were coming! Brad is playing on the Blue Dragons team this year with his best bud, Adam. I was so proud that he actually walked in the parade on his own this year and did not want his father or myself there. I think it helped that he got to help hold the banner!
Because of Brad's age, he could have played either T-ball or instructional this year. We decided to keep him in T-ball, just so that he could get better at the game and have a better understanding of. So far, he is doing great this time around! He is excited to go to games and practice. That was not the case last year! All in all, little league has been a good experience for him this year. Ask me again at the end of the season to see if the answer is still the same!

He's so darn cute!!! I'm glad that he's enjoying the sport!! :)
ReplyDelete