Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Learning to Swim


While we were at camp for the 4th of July weekend, my father did his best to get Brad into the lake to swim.  I know that Brad does not like getting his face wet (sensory issues) and will NOT go under water for anything!  He took swim lessons all last summer at the park pool and never made it out of level 1!  I just want Brad to be able to comfortable around water.  Especially at camp!  I don't want him to have this fear of going under water.  So, after much coaxing from Pop, Brad did finally get in the water.  And guess what?!?!  He loved it!  He said that the next time he comes up to camp, he is going to run out of the car and jump right into the lake.  I don't know, I guess I will believe it when I see it!  My dad would swim out a bit from the dock and make Brad "swim" over to him.  When we all got excited about his accomplishment, he said to my mom, "I am going to swim better than you.  You only know the doggie paddle!"  Well, he has yet to prove himself.  Jeanne even offered to give Brad $10 if he jump off the dock and got his face and hair wet.  Not even the cash would make Brad do that!  So, Brad will continue on with his swim lessons again this summer at the park pool and hopefully, he will advance to level 2!!




1 comment: