So the question that has been rumbling in my head for a while is...To Medicate or Not to Medicate? We have been struggling with some MAJOR behavioral issues with Brad and I have been on the fence. I am also on the fence about switching his pediatrician. As far as the pediatrician goes, he really has only seen her once a year for his annual checkup. Thankfully, he has been a fairly healthy kiddo and I think that he has only had one sick child visit in his 6 years! But she is a "granola" type and I just don't feel that we jive together. I have brought up his behavioral issues in the past and she has blown them off. As far as his last visit when I brought it up, she stated that it is "probably due to his heart issues". Well, he was only just diagnosed with the heart issues in January, so that makes no sense what so ever to me. His occupational therapist that he had during pre-school said that he has Sensory Processing Disorder. Again, when I brought this up with his doctor, she once again blew me off. So, I guess that my search for a new pediatrician is going to start soon. Also, in preschool he was beginning to get therapy for his behavioral issues. Unfortunately, it was started a bit too late and he only received about 6 months of therapy. I will say that during that time, his behavior was beginning to change. But, it's been a year since his last therapy and he has turned into one very ugly 6 year old. I am hoping to get answers soon and then I am sure that I will have to make the decision on whether to medicate him or not. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If your son needed medicine because he was a diabetic, you wouldn't hesitate. That said, I don't like when people toss kids on meds just because they can. I'm glad you're questioning it and I'm sure you'll do what YOU think is best for your son!! Good luck with getting your answers!!
ReplyDelete