Anyone who knows us knows that we are not overly religious people. So it may come as a surprise that I signed Brad up for Faith Formation classes. Back when I was a kiddo, it was called religious education. I guess I signed him up because a part of me remembers making my first communion and what a big deal it was and I want that for him too. I took him to mass this morning, as it was a requirement for his class, and I was extremely nervous about it. This is the first time that Brad had attended Mass. I just know my kid and to sit and pay attention for an hour was going to be quite the task. And I was not wrong! I know that part of it is completely my fault for waiting until he was 6 1/2 years old to take him to mass, but then again, I know my kid and I didn't want to subject the rest of the parishioners to him! For the most part he was good, although all he wanted to do was play with the kneelers. I am hoping that he does like his Faith Formation classes and will someday look forward to going to Mass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think it's good for them. I encourage my boys to attend Bible school to learn about God. :) I hope he enjoys his classes!
ReplyDelete