Saturday, October 1, 2011

Angels

Today, I can not help but think of my Grandma Betty.  We lost her two years ago today, very suddenly.  Even though two years has passed, it still seems like yesterday.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.  She really was a special lady.  I know that she is now an angel watching us from above.  Knowing this still does not make things any easier.  I was very lucky to have my grandma in my life for 35 years.  A lot of people are not that fortunate.  I guess the hardest part for me was that I never really got to say goodbye.  I know that the way she went was really for the best, as she went fast and did not have to suffer like my grandpa did.  So today, I am trying to remember all the good times that were spent with Grandma Betty.  And I am beyond thrilled that she was able to be a part of my son's life for 4 1/2 years.  Brad got to spend Friday afternoons with her and to this day, still remembers them.  That really is the best part...that he and I get to have wonderful memories of Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment