Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Emotionally drained...

The past two days have been extremely draining. Last night I went to the wake for my friend Beth's parents. It is always hard enough to attend a wake for one person, this was doubly hard. I wasn't prepared for this, but I knew I had to be strong and be there for Beth. It was very tough on her and she has some guilt. I know that over time, this guilt will pass. I stayed with her for most of the calling hours. This morning was the funeral. This was hands down, the toughest funeral I have ever attended. It was gut wrenching and heartbreaking. I don't think that I cried as much at any other funeral. There were very wonderful things said about the Gerstens. But we all know that there was no way either one of them could have lived without each other. It is only fitting that after 60 years together, they would be together forever. To Beth (if you are reading this), I love you so very much. You are the sister that I never had. I will always be here for you, through thick and thin.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had been able to be there to offer my support.. I can't even imagine how hard that was on everyone, and how much the loss of those 2 people will affect those that they left behind.

    Beth has a really good friend in you, Jen!!

    ReplyDelete