Everyone knows the saying, "When it rains, it pours". That is just how I feel after this past weekend. We started with weekend off with my mother-in-law having a heart attack and having major heart surgery. She is improving, however, she is still in the ICU in a medically induced coma. She will be there for at least the next 24 hours, and then she will be moved out of the ICU and into her own room. We believe that when she is finally released from the hospital, she will be moved to a rehab center as she will require 24 hour care.
Then, if that wasn't enough, my best friend had tragedy strike her. Her parents were in a terrible car accident last night and her father lost his life. Her mother is in serious condition with 4 broken ribs and her collarbone is broken in 2 places. I practically grew up with her family. If we weren't at my house, we are at hers. They are wonderful people and I will miss Mr. Gersten (aka Dad). I am praying that her mother pulls through all of this. It is going to be tough for her but I know that she is strong and will make it. Beth is on her way back to Syracuse to be with her family. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through, but I will be there for her no matter what she needs, as she is the sister that I never had.

My heart is broken for Beth, truly... I can't even imagine. Definitely a tragedy... {{{HUGS}}} to you, Jen. I'm sure this affects you greatly as well!
ReplyDelete