Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Waiting for things to turn around

I am sitting here looking back on all of my postings this month, and have noticed that it has been a very depressing month so far. So, I guess that I will just have to wait for things to turn around. As of today, it has been 18 days since my mother-in-law had open heart surgery and she is still in the ICU. She has not improved much since the surgery. Brian found out yesterday, that she only has one functioning lung. Brian made the tough decision on Sunday to sign the DNR papers. He had a lengthy discussion with his mother and this is what she wants. He has been really struggling with all of the decisions, as far as she is concerned. He really has not received any help from his brother on decisions, as his brother is very sick with cancer himself. It has been very hard on Brian. After he drops Brad off at school in the morning, he runs to the hospital to spend time with his mom and make any decisions that need to be made. Then he goes and picks Brad up from school and goes to the in-laws to help his brother out with any chores that he needs to have done. Once he is done there, it is off to work for the night. I do wish that there was more that I could do to help, but my in-laws will not take any from me. At the end of the day, all I can do is offer Brian all of the support that I can give him through all of this. I am thinking that we are owed one and am hoping that next month things turn around for us and some good news finally comes our way!

2 comments:

  1. What a good person you are- never lose that way of thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things WILL turn around, Jen! You and Brian are in my thoughts... I am praying for him to be strong, and for you to continue to be his rock. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete