So, I will finish my stomach ache from hell story! I went in for my surgery on Tuesday (14th) morning. I tried really hard not to think about it. I am the type of person that will wind myself up into a tizzy if I think too long about these things. My greatest fear was not coming out of the surgery. I think that a lot of people have this fear. So, I was wheeled down for surgery at around 9:45am. Brian and I were told that the surgery should only last about 30 minutes. As I was wheeled into surgery, they took my glasses away. Now I am completely blind and God only knows how long I have to sit and wait to be rolled in! The doctor, nurses and anesthesiologist all came to talk to me. Then, off I went into surgery. As I was getting "settled" in the operating room, my doctor and anesthesiologist began singing. Now that I look back on it, it's kind of funny! But the two of them had wonderful voices. Maybe it is part of their plan to relax you! So, my surgery took a bit longer than expected. Apparently my gallbladder was very infected and enlarged. Instead of only having 4 laproscopic "poke" holes, I have that and a 2 inch incision above my belly button. Let me tell you, that one bothered me the most. But then again, you don't realize how much stems from your belly button! I finally came to around 12:15 and was back in my room by 1:00. There I slept the rest of the afternoon. As it came time for dinner to come, the nurses helped me get up so that I could sit in a chair for dinner. This was the absolute worse pain that I have ever endured! It was awful trying to get up out of that bed. All I wanted to do was give up and cry. But I powered through it and got up. I don't ever want to go through that kind of pain again. After dinner, my parents came to visit and brought up Brad and my brother's girlfriend Jeanne. It was nice to see them all, even though I looked like I had been to war and back! Before my parents left, we went for a walk around the hospital floor. This took everything out of me and by the end, I was hurting! By 7:30 the next morning, my doctor came to check up on me and he discharged me. I was home by 10:30 that morning. What a crazy 4 days that was but I am glad it's over and my stomach pain from the gallbladder is gone. I am also glad that everything happened so fast, so that I didn't have too much time to think about everything. The next step is staple removal and that isn't scheduled until the 27th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am always in awe as to how fast we get pushed out of hospitals!!! I have that same fear too, when I'm put under. It's scary! I'm sorry that you had so much pain and I hope that you never have to deal with anything even close to that every again!! {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteI've had surgery twice and both times they say do you want to see the video about the dangers of anesthesia? I always say NO. I'm already a nervous wreck why would I want to see more things to scare the hell out of me. Happy to see you're feeling better. Missed you at your Dad's birthday party.
ReplyDelete