Well, just when you think that things are about to calm down, life comes at you! I just had a feeling this morning when I woke up that today wasn't going to be a good day. And boy, was I right! I got a call from Brian at around 11:00 saying that they are going to move his mother into a nursing home (which is great) and they want to do it today, but can't until they get a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of paperwork that this required from Medicaid. Brian was going to have to run all over town to try and get everything that was needed. Now I am concerned about Brad, as I know that he will not deal with this very well. Not to mention he had a play date scheduled with some of the kids from school. I reminded Brian of this and he said that it wasn't going to happen and Brad would just have to deal with it. This upset me, as I don't really think that it was fair to Brad. He was sooo excited to play with Hunter and his brother and who ever else showed up from his class. So, I took the afternoon off so that Brian would be able to run all over creation to get the necessary paperwork and Brad would still be able to enjoy his play date. At the end of the afternoon, I think that everybody was feeling better. Brian's mother will be moved in the morning to the nursing home. They were able to get this done without all of the paperwork. The social worker told us that as long as we had some of it and a date set with Medicaid, they would transfer her. As for Brad, he had a blast playing with Hunter, Noah and Cowan this afternoon! And I got to socialize with a couple of moms. It was really nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's funny how some things "work out". Glad everything came together!
ReplyDelete