Once the tears faded from Brad's face after I told him that Grandma Betty was in heaven, the first thing he said was "What about her dogs? Who is going to take care of them?". Well, after that, the tears began to fall for me. Once I pulled myself together, I told him that Grandma Betty would want him to take care of her "dogs" and that they will soon be coming home with us. So Gramona and Pop went over and got the "dogs" for Brad. When they brought the "dogs" to their house, Daisy started barking her head off at them. She must have thought that they were real! Once we got all three "dogs" home to our house, Brad immediately brought them to his room and put them into bed with him. He then said to them, "This is your new home and I will take good care of you and love you just like Grandma Betty did". Again, the tears began to pour down my face. Brad is such a smart little guy and I just never know what is going to come out of his mouth next. So, of course, I had to take a picture of Brad in bed with the dogs. I think the dogs take up more room in the bed than he does! I am glad that he has something to remember Grandma Betty by, her love of all things dogs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment