Saturday, October 3, 2009

Heartbroken

All that I can really say is that I am truly heartbroken. I lost my grandma on Thursday very suddenly to a stroke. Even though she was 87 years old, she still lived on her own and got out and did things for herself. Right up until the end. I will miss her more than I can say. Grandma Betty was a special lady and one that will be missed by many people. Including Bradley! He spent every Friday afternoon with her. They would go for walks and have lunch together. She looked forward to her Friday afternoons with him and so did he. Brad asked if he was going to her house on Friday and it killed me to tell him no. Once again, I found myself telling him that someone that he loved so very much was now in heaven. It has been a tough year for us in the way of losses, but I believe that these will make us stronger and we are only given what we can handle. I will miss you so very much Grandma Betty.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I am so sorry for all that you and Brian and Brad having been going through this year. I really liked your grandmother. I remember talking to her on Mother's Day at David's house and checking out her outfit - her cropped pants - and thinking she's pretty cool and hip to what's happening. She was a neat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandmother. Your family has suffered so much as of late, and I sincerely hope that things start looking up for you and your family! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete